Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Activity #3: Attracting Some Birds

Where attained: backyard
SAE Time: 1 hour a day


After I hung up the birdhouse in my backyard, I wanted to attract some birds to make this project a real success. What I did first was scatter birds seeds that I bought from Petsmart onto the birdhouse, and I did this everyday when I got home from school.


If I saw birds, I would get my camera and take pictures, but I had to be very cautious, because with one little disturbance, they could get spooked and fly away.


Many birds came by to eat the bird seeds. Unfortunately, none came and lived there, and there are a couple of reasons why. One reason is that there were squirrels that came onto the birdhouse and ate all the bird seeds, and they also knocked the birdhouse over, so I had to fix that. Another reason would that there were lawn mowers that came by every day to mow my lawn, and I think the birds got spooked out by them. Either way, I'm still going to keep putting bird seeds onto the house, because I know that a bird will come and make it their home someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment