Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Skill #2: Safety Awareness

Where attained: backyard and house
SAE Time: 30 hours (always have to think safety first!)


In doing this project, I had to first gather the materials to make the birdhouse. I was planning to use tree branches, so I used a branch cutter to cut up the larger branches. You have to be extra careful with using any types of branch cutters, because you can hurt yourself if they're not used properly. The first lesson I learned was that you need to know how thick the branches are and use an appropriate cutter for them.


Assembling the birdhouse thought me more safety lessons in regards to using the many different types of tools I used. Box cutters were especially dangerous, because it was so sharp. I tried to use the scissors most of time, because of this reason. Another tool that I had to be careful with was the hot glue gun. The tip can get very hot, since it melts the solid glue into liquid, so it you touch the tip, it can burn you.

No comments:

Post a Comment